Google

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Random Rant



This wouldn't be a proper single mom blog if I didn't rant about men every now and then. I've been trying hard to not have any negative thoughts or dwell on men but sometimes I get so sick of the "baby daddies", "sperm donors", "exes" or "so-called boyfriends".

My sister is just beginning a divorce from her crazy husband with a super male ego. Part of the problem she had was that she was always alone and always left to take care of all the big bills for the household. *Folks Kay Kay will NEVER take care of a man I promise!!* Now they are trying every-other weekend visits. Do you know that punk called here looking for my sister because the youngest two only had 2 pull-ups left and no juice?!? He wanted to know if she was home so he could pick some up. Um hello, Mr. I'm a Baller Super Dad GO BUY WHATEVER YOUR KIDS NEED! If you get the juice out of the refrigerator now you will just be sending them back to a house with no juice at the end of the weekend. Am I right? Did I mention that going to pick up the juice requires passing a CVS, Walgreens, Dollar General, and 2 gas stations? You think stopping at any of these places is an option? No. You know my sister allowed him to TAKE the juice. This is how some of us single moms always have drama and are miserable. Please ladies don't allow foolishness like this.

Rhetorical Question Time:
-Why is it that this "man" could afford to take all four kids to Applebee's and the movies but couldn't buy a pack of pullups?
-Why is it that a dad can buy himself a cool little gadget or go out with his friends but can't get a few sippy cups or a case of wipes?
-Why does he get the kid's clothes from Wal-mart but he shops at pricey department stores and hip-hop clothing stores for his clothes?
-Why do you still end up changing all the diapers, feeding the child(ren), basically taking care of the child(ren), etc. when the children are visiting HIM at HIS HOUSE?
-Why do they always seem to have a mom, sister, aunt, grandma around when its time for the children to visit? It's not really visiting time with Daddy. It's being in the presence of Daddy but Grandma/Aunt will take care of them.
-Why is it okay for him to throw his hands in the air and say "I can't make it to this event" or "I can't help out right now"? We Moms don't have an option to say I can't. We have to get it, find it and make it happend any way we can.
-Why do they want a pat on the head when they do something they're supposed to do? Don't they realize we do what he just did every single day? Then he won't do whatever it was again for another couple months.

I could go on and maybe my thinking is a little jumbled. I'm trying not to be too specific and hurt some one's feelings or be too mean. The point is I'm tired of giving 100% 24/7 then receive grief if I expect at least 25% from the other parent. I've noticed this is a trend in the broken homes situation. They can act so concerned about the children but they are extremely selfish and use the kids as a way to control and manipulate us, the baby mamas, the ex-woman.

No comments: