Google

Monday, May 19, 2008

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

You can call me Kay Kay. I was born and raised in Florida. If you live down here you know how rare it is to actually find a FL native. *Damn New Yorkers, lol* I'm 26. I have 2 boys ages 7 and 1.5 and a baby on the way. He's due in a couple weeks. YIKES! It still sounds crazy when I say it out loud. Totally didn't think I, Kay Kay, would be in this position. What can I say? No one plans on being a single parent it just happens.

I had my first child, umm I'll call him Baby Blue Eyes (BBE) my sophmore year in college. That made school a much less "fun" "normal" experience and more of a "goal oriented" "no hanging out in the student union becuase I have to work, study or get my BBE from daycare" experience. I'll admit that even now I'm a little stiff at times but I can still hang when I want to--and when I take a nap before hand LOL. Anyways my best friend got preggers too and then I had a single mama buddy to finish out my school years with. We roomed together, budgeted together, hustled together, raised our kids together, and WE BOTH FINISHED! YAY US!

I hit the ground running and worked for a few years in the legal field. Yuck! It just isn't my style. I'm more of a nurturer and helper. I got pregnant with my second child, umm we'll call him Lil Peanut (LP), and decided after my maternity leave was over not to go back. Eh, I somewhat regret the decision but you only live once why not find something that satisfies you. A year later after working a few jobs and getting certified for my new field, Education (now job searching *hint hint*) me and LP's dad are pregnant again. LP's dad doesn't live with us and we don't share responsibilites or bills so I still consider myself a single mom. *ug*

Hobbies: I like to spend time with my kids. We go to parks, take walks, play inside, watch tv, I like to cook *shut up some of you! I DO like to cook*, read books and magazines, I'm starting to get back into the vegetarian/whole foods thing, hang out with my friends, happy hours have been out for about 8 months but I do like toget my casual drink on, go to church and church activities *ha! right after I talked about drinking oops!* and whatever else floats my boat.

So here I am a fine did I say fine? Yes I did!--ok LOVELY, college educated, black--ok HALF black--loving, single mama who surely needs to get back on my grind. I think my father's sickness and passing in January of 2008 gave me a kick in the pants. My bestfriend Dimples as mentioned above has an awesome Personal Finance blog see link in side bar. There are so many good blogs out there on whatever you can think of. I figured I have something to say and I'm sure there's mom's out there like me so why not? I need some new ideas to keep my hustles fresh and a few in my pocket.

No comments: