Google

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

He Can CUT If He Wants


Right now I'm 36 weeks pregnant or so they tell me. From the second I found out I was with child up until this morning I was adamant about having a vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC). I've been waiting and fighting and researching and asking questions and transferring doctors for the last 5 months. Now I've changed my mind and hope it's not too late. I'm just ready to have the baby anyway they want me to!

I totally disagree with how OB/Gyns and hospitals have been conspiring against women and pumping us full of their drugs which make us end up in the O.R. to make their jobs easier and put more money in their pockets. Did you know that the most performed surgery in the United States is the cesarean section? The hysterectomy comes in second. I think we should be disturbed by this fact and ask WHY. If I wasn't on such a critical time line this summer I'd still be fighting my fight to push my boo boo out. *ew that sounds nasty* :-p

This summer I have to plan a 50+ mile move, sign up for public benefits so I can get assistance paying daycare, have the new baby which hopefully will now be in the next 2-3 weeks, recover from the c-section surgery *OUCH*, allow my baby to grow--at least 6 weeks, travel to local public schools to secure a full time teaching position for next school year, or find a job somewhere else, prepare for work, and possibly start school. Going to school for my Master's degree will be my backup plan should I not find a job. I've already applied. With all of this on my plate I'm going to put my pride aside and schedule the birth. The labor is only one day, should be only a couple of hours. Waiting 3-4 weeks longer just so I can naturally deliver my baby will hurt me and the kids in the long run. It will set my time table back and give me less of a chance finding ANY job at ANY school or daycare. At the end of the day the baby is coming anyways. Holding him AND making sure I can feed, clothe and provide shelter to all my kids is the most important thing. I swear a single mama's job is never done. Most women schedule repeat c-sections because "the man" has them scared with statistics of possible death, some do it out of convience but I'm willing to go through a major surgery although COMPLETELY UNECESSARY in my mind, just for my kids.

So tomorrow when I go to my doctor I should ask him "Are we cuttin' tonight?" HA! I'm sure he won't get it. But I will beg him to just slice me open do his job and let me go on my marry little way. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

{Kay Kay} said...

The battle continues. My doctor now says that is medically possible and appropriate to attempt a "normal" vaginal delivery. I have his blessing. Only thing, I have to transfer to the fancy hospital in town so its clinic will be my new physician. Its been 6 weeks since doc said this. Hospital keeps LOOSING my medical records.
Can Kay Kay get the stress free, scapel free, natural birth that she so desires? Stay tuned...